- What are Presentation Folders?
- What Spec is available?
- Top uses for Presentation Folders
- Benefits of using Presentation Folders
- Benefits of using Presentation Folders
- How should they be designed? Setting them up for Print
- Presentation Folder Templates
- The Perfect Companion
- Presentation Folder FAQs
What are Presentation Folders?
A presentation folder is a kind of folder that holds loose papers or documents together for organization and protection. Presentation folders usually consist of a sheet of heavy paper stock or other thin, but stiff, material which is folded in half with pockets in order to keep paper documents. Presentation folders function much like that of a file folder for organizational purposes. They can be either printed or plain and can be used, amongst other things, as a tool for business presentations to customers to aid in the sales process.”
Document Folders, Interlocking Folders, Brochure Wallets. You may know them by one of these names or something else entirely, but here we call them Presentation Folders.
We would put a very large bet that everyone has created a presentation at one point or another in their life. Sitting for hours on end during the day (and sometimes at night too) meticulously putting everything together, weeks in advance so that everything is sitting perfect. Then they get printed out, with the intention of giving them to potential clients, fellow employees or perhaps even tutors and lecturers. However they never make it there in the same state, as they’ve been put into polly pockets and shoved in a bag, meaning they are crumpled and dog eared by the time they reach who they were supposed to and all your hard work is undone. What is the point in sitting for ages creating the perfect presentation only for it to get destroyed in a bag? As Marketers, just thinking about this makes us cry. But this is where Presentation Folders come in, to save the day. These little wonders will not only keep your presentation safe but also turn int up to 11.
Within this article, we are going to look at everything there is to do with presentation folders, from what spec you can get, to how they should be designed, so that YOU have all the knowledge you need and can knock your presentation out of the park.
What spec is available?
Firstly we will look at what all is available here at Kaizen Print. Our Presentation Folders come in two different sizes: Oversized A4 and Oversized A5. You will find that they are oversized on purpose, so that the whole document inside is being kept as safe as absolutely possible. Aside from this however, it is all pretty simple. They are printed on 350gsm Silk paper stock, which means they are going to be of an incredibly high quality, which is exactly what you want. They can be printed either single or double sided, which is entirely up to and depends on the information that you want to include on your folders. Finally, we are able to offer lamination, either Gloss or Matt. We would highly recommend including one of these options on your Folders, as it will help to protect them further and also give them that little extra something that clients or colleagues will appreciate.
How are they printed?
Like the rest of our products here at Kaizen Print, we always make sure that they are of only the highest quality when they get to you. To make sure of this, we print them all in different ways, to what suits each product better. With our Presentation Folders, they are Litho Printed. But what is Litho Printing? Here we have a definition: “In modern lithography, the image is made of a polymer coating applied to a flexible plastic or metal plate. The image can be printed directly from the plate (the orientation of the image is reversed), or it can be offset, by transferring the image onto a flexible sheet (rubber) for printing and publication.” Wikipedia And how does this differ from Digital Printing? “It usually refers to professional printing where small-run jobs from desktop publishing and other digital sources are printed using large-format and/or high-volume laser or inkjet printers.” Wikipedia
So the 2 are different, but Litho Printing is better suited to Presentation Folders than Digital Printing. After they have been printed, normally some form of lamination will be applied to them. With us – as previously mentioned – you have the option of Matt, Gloss or Soft-Touch lamination. This will add a little extra protection to your presentation folders as well as making them look that little bit better.
After this has taken place, they are punched to the form they are required to be in, which normally includes creasing. Here is where they start to take the shape of the folders, and we can see how each piece works with the design that has been supplied for it. After this has taken place, it is time to start putting them together. There are two types of folder that you can get, either Interlocking or Glued. If they are set up to be interlocked, it is just a matter of putting all of the pieces together. If they are set up to be glued, then we apply a glue strip and stick down the pieces that require it.
The final part of the printing process is boxing them. Once all are ready, they will be shrink wrapped before being boxed and sent you! Easy peasey.
Top uses for Presentation Folders
- Client meetings – When your meeting clients, whether they are old or new, it is important to make a great first impression. This is where Presentation Folders come in. They will immediately make you look more professional, instead of just handing those you are speaking to a couple of sheets of paper. What’s more they can take these away and have this information whenever they need it
- Expos/Conferences – If you are speaking at an expo or conference, you are going to want to give the people that attend a little follow up info that they can take away after you have spoken. Presentation Folders make this simple and also help to keep your professional reputation. By putting what you have to say in these, those that have attended are more likely to take what you have to say seriously, but also more likely to keep the information.
- Internal Company Meetings/Presentations – When giving a presentation to those that you work with, it is vital to remain professional and show them that you know what you’re talking about. By using presentation folders for this, it will go along way to doing exactly this. They will see that you care enough about what you are talking about to make the effort and will make them take notice of the important issue.
Benefits of using Presentation Folders
- Professional – Presentation Folders add a sense of professionalism to what you are talking about. As previously stated this goes a long way to helping people sit up and take notice of the issue and feel like it is important themselves.
- Safe – Their job is to keep whatever you choose to put in them safe and that is exactly what they do. Our Presentation Folders are oversized for this very reason, ensuring that none of your documents come into contact with the outside elements or the inside of a bag. They will arrive at the recipients exactly how you want them, clean and crisp.
- Extra branding – With a Presentation Folder you can brand it how you see fit. The front is usually good for company branding, such as logo and name so that people can see exactly who you are. However the back is available for whatever you think would be most useful there, such as contact information or products lists. This can be especially helpful when out and about, as people can catch a glance of what it says and make the first move into doing business with you, even when you weren’t seeking them out.
How should they be designed and Setting them up for Printing
As there isn’t a lot to Presentation Folders, they can be simple enough to design. However in saying that, it is always good to make sure that you have everything correct before sending them off to get printed. To begin with, make sure that any imagery you are using, for example, company branding on the front is of high quality. You don’t want to have them printed, only to see that the imagery is pixelated and illegible. This applies to any imagery used throughout the presentation folder. When designing them and adding any text in, make sure that the font size isn’t too small and isn’t too big. You want people to be able to read what it says on your folders without having to straining their eyes to do so. The same goes for it being too big, id this is the case the people who are looking at these might not be able to make sense of what is on there. Finally, you are going to want to make sure of (and this applies to both designing them and setting them up to be printed) is to make sure that you (A) Have all of your margins and bleed included in the design and (B) Making sure that they are all correct. This helps the printers to keep everything the way it is supposed to be and ensures that they come out of the printer the way you had imagined they would, instead of some text being cut off or the text being too far over to one side.
Presentation Folder Templates
We understand that not everyone out there is designer and as such want to make designing your folders and setting them up to be printed as easy as possible. That’s why, when you go on to our website, you will find that we have included templates for both Oversized A4 and Oversized A5. These templates are both available in PDF
The Perfect Companion
Sometimes printed products, while they work incredibly well on their own can often be heightened by the use of something else, often another printed product. In the case of Presentation Folders, what product are we talking about exactly? None other than the humble Business Card. Business Cards are the ultimate Salesperson in your pocket and will always be missed if you don’t have one, especially at expos, conferences or trade shows. However, when you pair these with presentation folders, it only heightens the experience that your clients or customers are going to get. As previously stated Presentation Folders will often come with an insert on the inside cover, making it the perfect place to place your Business Card. This means that when you give out your Presentation, Itinerary or whatever happens to be in your folder, those on the receiving end instantly have a port of contact for you directly. So whether they know that they want to do business immediately, or need to take the weekend to look over everything that you have said, when they make the decision they have everything they need to get the ball rolling.
FAQs about Presentation Folders
What is the minimum I can order?
We have a minimum order quantity of 100 available on our website and a maximum of 2000. However, if more or less than these quantities are needed, we will try our hardest to accommodate you.
What if I need a smaller order?
That isn’t a problem! We are happy to accommodate whatever order quantity that you require, just give us a call on 028 9004 2474 or get in touch via email, [email protected] One of our Sales team will be more than happy to help you out with pricing for it.
Can I use my own artwork?
Of course! As mentioned previously we have templates in both A4 and A5 size ready for you to use, with bleed and crop marks already supplied.
Can I get help with design if I need it?
You can indeed. We have a team of 8 designers in a fully fledged studio who are on hand to help with whatever design aspect your project needs. They have all designed their fair share of presentation folders, so it’s safe to say they know what they are doing.
Do they have to be laminated?
We highly recommend that they are, as it will help to protect them even further. However, we have 5 different types of lamination available, so there is going to be something to suit everyone.
Presentation Folders are a wonderful piece of stationery that will fit right in, in any office. Helping you to make a great first impression from now until the end of time, you really can’t go wrong with them. After reading this however you might suddenly realise that you don’t have any and now desperately need some! Never worry, we are always here to help. Simply give us a call on 028 9002 2474, send us an email to [email protected] or place your order all online if you have everything ready to go: https://kaizenprint.co.uk/presentation-folders/. We’ll make sure that your order is perfect and very soon you’ll be wowing everyone