The secrets to a successful flyer printing campaign
Being in business is tough and it doesn’t matter which industry you are in, sooner or later you will be fighting (metaphorically hopefully) for business. Competitors are always watching your marketing closely and doing their utmost to better your efforts. Don’t worry though, we have your back.
Today we’re focusing on flyers, which in our opinion are probably one of the most valuable marketing tools a business can have ready for use. With only a few considerations on the goals of your project, you can ensure you get the best return from your flyers. Let us walk you though our own internal journey to give you guidance and inspiration you need for a successful marketing campaign business.
- Pick a product or service – Ask yourself this question: If you had to sell one instance of your product range or service until the end of days, what would it be? It might be down to price, the quantity you can sell or its maybe the least hassle. Lets use ourselves as an example. The Kaizen Print team would love to sell an infinite amount of roll up banners! We know our product is of the highest quality, we are confident in our pricing and if we sell enough of them, we might be able to start working from a luxury villa on the Costa Del Sol. We’re dreamers we know. Armed with this knowledge and confidence in our product we know the focus and intent of our flyer design.
- Who is our target market and what do they like? – Who buys roll up banners? From our experience, people attending conferences or those who need a reliable and portable displays. So it’s business people primarily. The look of our flyer must then be quite corporate, nothing too familiar and present the benefits clear and concise. Time is money after all. We want to portray the quality of our product, but ensure that the expense is not seen as extravagant.
- Time to shine with design – Its now over to our graphic design studio. Oh wait, we forgot content and images…sure you can take it off the web….The short answer is no, we can’t. The long answer: The time you spend getting the right content for your flyer and ensuring the best images possible, the better your flyer will look and the higher the chance of conversion.
- A flyer generally has two sides, front and back. We always recommend the following approach Front – Feature Side and Back – Content/Link to Sale. The above among all else will ensure your flyer is picked up, digested and most importantly acted upon. Grab their attention, give them the information they need and finally a way to get in touch. It’s then over to you or your website or sales team to do their job.
- Delivery – How do you plan to deliver your flyers to prospective clients? Leaflet Drops? Direct Mail or Newspaper insertions? All above are fantastic ways of getting your flyers to your target market, but don’t do them all at once. Could you cope with an influx of additional business overnight? Or would that put you in a worse position in the short term. We suggest dividing your flyers into ‘separate runs’. At first in small batches so you can gauge the effectiveness of your campaign, tweak it and repeat. Then whenever that is complete, scaling up gradually when you can manage demand.
And there you have it, these tips will make your flyer printing endeavours infinitely more successful! When it comes to planning your marketing campaigns, truer words were never spoken than “Failing to Prepare is Preparing to Fail”. Words we live by everyday.